New Players – All Positions
Silverdale Warriors Under 7’s are currently recruiting new players for all positions including goalkeeper & all abilities for the Under 8’s 2018/2019 season.
If your child is in current year 2 (going into year 3 September 2018) We would love to hear from you to join our current great players & parents we have.
Coaches are DBS Checked
Training will be on Friday evening between 7pm – 8pm
If your interested please contact Keith Pritchard on 07971 486681
Essington AFC New Club, New Team.
We are looking currently in the process for under 8’s for next season year 2 going into year 3 September. we are looking for coaches and assistant coaches to join our friendly club.
No coaching qualifications necessary as club will provide FA qualifications, if FA qualified it is an advantage.
If interested please email email@example.com or 07931442695
Information about Sundays matches.
Posted: March 2, 2018 | Announcements, Notices | Under 10 's, Under 10's, Under 11 's, Under 11's, Under 12's, Under 13's, Under 14's, Under 15's, Under 16 's, Under 7 's, Under 7's, Under 8 's, Under 8's, Under 9's
All matches that are due to be played on grass pitches are cancelled for this weekend, 4th March 2018.
This includes all ages groups and formats of football from U7s to U16s.
3G pitches will be inspected at 10.30 on Saturday morning and a decision made focussing on the welfare of the children. This will be based on the pitch conditions, safety of the pitch surroundings & roads and the weather forecast for Sunday.
Deadline Day for Registrations and Transfers.
Posted: March 1, 2018 | Announcements, Notices | Under 10 's, Under 10's, Under 11 's, Under 11's, Under 12's, Under 13's, Under 14's, Under 15's, Under 16 's, Under 7 's, Under 7's, Under 8 's, Under 8's, Under 9's
REMINDER: Deadline day for registrations and transfers is this FRIDAY 2nd March.2018
Posted: February 28, 2018 | Announcements | Under 10 's, Under 10's, Under 11 's, Under 11's, Under 12's, Under 13's, Under 14's, Under 15's, Under 16 's, Under 7 's, Under 7's, Under 8 's, Under 8's, Under 9's
This Friday is the last day for registering or transferring new players. If you wish to add to your squads please contact your age group secretary to arrange a time to complete any transfers or registrations.
Pelsall EDC mini soccer 25 February
Due to the likelihood of frost all kick off times have been put back one hour at Pelsall EDC tomorrow.
Under 8 Players Wanted
Tipton Youth AFC Under 8’s (School Year 3) are recruiting.
We have one space available now for the right person with more available in the summer for our transition to 7 a side.
We are a fun and friendly team with a cracking set of lads.
For further details please contact Carlton on 07850675031
Goalkeeper Required – U8s
Wyrley Pumas are after a Goalkeeper.
School year 3
Don’t need to have played before, just need a good attitude & willing to learn.
Got a great bunch of lads so if you know of anyone who may interested in joining our team give me a call.
Dean – 07538375404
Silverdale JFC U8s are looking for new players to join our team of good lads and wonderful parents .
We train on a Thursday at the Wolverhampton University campus the Hub on Broadway in the winter and at Silverdale FC walstead Road in the summer.
If interested please call Paul 07809 667 901.
Cancellation of WJYFL Fixtures Meeting – 4th January 2018
Please note that the fixtures meeting planned for this Thursday has been cancelled.
The mini soccer fixtures for January have been emailed and are also on the League web site.
Teams who need to register players should contact John Coleman directly and arrange a time to take the paperwork to his house. Please note that this must be done before midday on Friday 5th January 2018. John can be contacted on 01922 866489.
As we enter the second half of the season there were a number of issues that I wanted to pick up with regards to Mini Soccer, and I will raise at the fixtures meeting on the 26th January, however, it is worth listing them now:
It is important to note that Coaches set the example to all. If they are calm and respectful to other coaches, refs etc it has a massive effect on the parents and players. All coaches should be asked to adopt a purely positive attitude to everything that happens and to really see things for what they are – an opportunity for children to play football in a safe environment and have some fun along the way. Please remember the coach is responsible for the behaviour of players and team spectators.
Administration & Organisation:
- Have money and player registration sheet ready on arrival at Centre.
- Even better get a parent to sort it for the Manager each week.
- Arrive on time, ie at least 10 minutes before kick off.
- Remember to hand in the player registration sheet at the end of the game with scores entered in the bottom section and signed off.
- Car Parking – Ask parents to park as requested at all centres. This is for safety reasons and to ensure that the centres do not interfere with residents and other users of facilities.
- Referee abuse – Most Referees are under 18 and Children. Continuous criticism of Referees will not be tolerated.
- Given the number of games the instances of abuse are few, but it is still not acceptable at all.
- Foul throws – All teams need to work on taking legal throw-ins, particularly under 9’s and under 10’s.
- Managers encroaching on the pitch – With Respect barriers in place there is no excuse for Managers to be on the field of play, they spoil the enjoyment of the games for the players and it can be dangerous.
- Make sure team equipment, bags, drinks bottles etc are well clear of the edge of the field of play.
- Make sure your team is ready to kick off at the correct time. Some teams are still having team talks when the Referee and opposition are lined up to play. This is not acceptable.
- Two minutes only for half time.
- After your first game, if you do not have a break, move immediately to your next pitch. There is no time for another team talk.
- After your final game move from the field of play immediately before you give your team talk. There is another games ready to start.
- Warming up – At 3g Centres there is not always room to warm up on the playing surface, so use grassed areas near-by, but make sure boots are cleaned before going on the pitches.
Please make sure all coaches in your club are aware of these points.
WJYFL Mini Soccer Coordinator