Cancellation of WJYFL Fixtures Meeting – 4th January 2018
Please note that the fixtures meeting planned for this Thursday has been cancelled.
The mini soccer fixtures for January have been emailed and are also on the League web site.
Teams who need to register players should contact John Coleman directly and arrange a time to take the paperwork to his house. Please note that this must be done before midday on Friday 5th January 2018. John can be contacted on 01922 866489.
As we enter the second half of the season there were a number of issues that I wanted to pick up with regards to Mini Soccer, and I will raise at the fixtures meeting on the 26th January, however, it is worth listing them now:
It is important to note that Coaches set the example to all. If they are calm and respectful to other coaches, refs etc it has a massive effect on the parents and players. All coaches should be asked to adopt a purely positive attitude to everything that happens and to really see things for what they are – an opportunity for children to play football in a safe environment and have some fun along the way. Please remember the coach is responsible for the behaviour of players and team spectators.
Administration & Organisation:
- Have money and player registration sheet ready on arrival at Centre.
- Even better get a parent to sort it for the Manager each week.
- Arrive on time, ie at least 10 minutes before kick off.
- Remember to hand in the player registration sheet at the end of the game with scores entered in the bottom section and signed off.
- Car Parking – Ask parents to park as requested at all centres. This is for safety reasons and to ensure that the centres do not interfere with residents and other users of facilities.
- Referee abuse – Most Referees are under 18 and Children. Continuous criticism of Referees will not be tolerated.
- Given the number of games the instances of abuse are few, but it is still not acceptable at all.
- Foul throws – All teams need to work on taking legal throw-ins, particularly under 9’s and under 10’s.
- Managers encroaching on the pitch – With Respect barriers in place there is no excuse for Managers to be on the field of play, they spoil the enjoyment of the games for the players and it can be dangerous.
- Make sure team equipment, bags, drinks bottles etc are well clear of the edge of the field of play.
- Make sure your team is ready to kick off at the correct time. Some teams are still having team talks when the Referee and opposition are lined up to play. This is not acceptable.
- Two minutes only for half time.
- After your first game, if you do not have a break, move immediately to your next pitch. There is no time for another team talk.
- After your final game move from the field of play immediately before you give your team talk. There is another games ready to start.
- Warming up – At 3g Centres there is not always room to warm up on the playing surface, so use grassed areas near-by, but make sure boots are cleaned before going on the pitches.
Please make sure all coaches in your club are aware of these points.
WJYFL Mini Soccer Coordinator